The Wayne G. Sanborn Activity Center is DeLand’s newest Activity Center, located at 815 South Alabama Avenue. The state of the art Sanborn center is located on the South end of the newly renovated Earl Brown Park. The center provides the ideal location for business meetings, weddings, receptions, banquets, parties and retreats.The Sanborn Center includes banquet facilities and meeting rooms, a stage with back stage rooms, audio/video, and a large catering kitchen. Catering services are available. Guided tours of the building may be arranged.
The Sanborn Activity Center rental options include the Grand Ballroom, which is divisible into Ballrooms A & B. Our meetings rooms can be divided into one, two or three rooms with a 50 person capacity per room. Our pre-function reception area boasts a beautiful 22 foot Atrium. The center also has a large catering kitchen. Rentals are available on a daily, hourly or block basis.
|Meeting Room 1||576||50||60|
|Meeting Room 2||576||50||60|
|Meeting Room 3||576||50||60|
Rooms may be rented on an hourly basis weekdays, with a two-hour minimum rental period.Hourly rentals on Friday evening, Saturday, Sunday and holidays are on an availability basis only. Reservations for hourly on Friday evening, Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays cannot be reserved more than 60 days in advance. All prices include sales tax.
|1 Individual Meeting Room||$50||$60||$60||$60|
|2 Meeting Rooms||$80||$100||$100||$100|
|3 Meeting Rooms||$100||$130||$130||$130|
Weekend Block Rates
Friday evenings, Saturdays, Sundays or Holiday RentalsFull building rental.Rental includes Grand Ballroom, Meeting Rooms and Atrium.All Room Rental Fees include sales tax.Separate agreement required for the use of the kitchen. (See list of approved caterers)
Friday evening block 5-12pm (caterer enters after 3pm)
|Friday evening Block Rental||Friday Evening Block rate|
|Full building rental 5pm-12pm||$1,500|
|Saturday Rentals||Daily Rate|
|Any 8 hour block between 10am &12 midnight||$2,000|
|Sunday/Holiday* Rentals||Daily Rate|
|Any 8 hour block between 10am &11pm||$1,600|
|Sunday**rentals prior to Monday holiday||Daily Rate|
|Any 8 hour block between10am &11pm||$2,000|
*Holidays include: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Veteran’s Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the Friday after Thanksgiving. (If a holiday falls on a weekend, the holiday rate is applied to previous Friday or Monday.) The Sanborn Center is closed on Christmas Eve & Christmas Day. These days however, are considered holidays and holiday rates will apply when these days fall on a weekend...**These Sundays are the Sunday prior to: Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, and Columbus Day. (If any other holiday (listed above) falls on a Monday or Friday, the holiday rate of $2,000 would apply – i.e. 4th of July, Veteran’s Day, etc.)
Weekday Block Rates
Daytime Blocks 8am-4:30 Friday 8-2pm
|Daytime Block Rental||Daytime Block Rental rates|
|1 individual meeting room||$255.00|
|2 individual meeting rooms||$410.00|
|All three rooms||$510.00|
Monday-Thursday Evening Blocks 6pm-10pm
|Mon-Thur. evening block rental||Evening Block Rates|
|1 individual meeting room||$120.00|
|2 individual meeting rooms||$190.00|
|All three rooms||$300.00|
|TERRACE CEREMONY SITE||RENTAL|
|Site Rental, Monday – Thursday, 2 hour minimum||TBA|
|Site Rental, Friday, 2 hour minimum between 8am and 2pm||TBA|
|Site Use: Friday evening, Saturday, Sunday, Holiday, Full Building||Included|
*Rental of the Terrace Ceremony Site is a two hour minimum, Monday through Thursday. Site use is included with Friday evening, Saturday, Sunday, Holiday, and full building rentals for the full duration of your rental period. All building rentals include sales tax. Terrace may be rented separately on weekends on an availability basis only, and cannot be reserved prior than 60 days in advance.Only the blowing of bubbles or releasing of butterflies may take place at the Terrace Ceremony Site. Flower petals (natural or silk), birdseed, rice (biodegradable, puffed rice, etc.) are not permitted. Flower arrangements may be used for decorative purposes only, not to be dropped or thrown. Failure to adhere to these guidelines will result in loss of your damage deposit.AmphitheatreAmphitheatre may be rented for a wedding ceremony in conjunction with the rental of the Sanborn Center for the reception, for an additional fee if available.
THE ATRIUM AT THE SANBORN ACTIVITY CENTER
The glass-enclosed Atrium provides a beautiful ceremony site inside of the Sanborn Activity Center. Use of the Atrium is included with Saturday, Sunday, Holiday, and Full Building rentals. The Atrium may be used in lieu of the Terrace Ceremony Site in case of inclement weather, if available on weekdays.
|THE ATRIUM AT THE SANBORN ACTIVITY CENTER is available as it’s own rental on weekdays only, schedule permitting||RENTAL|
|Hourly Rental – Monday through Thursday (2-hour minimum)
(See Hourly Rates Section for available times)
|Hourly Rental – Fridays* prior to 2:00 pm (2 hour minimum)||TBA|
|Add-On to rental of Ballroom or Meeting Room|
|Site Use: Friday evening, Saturday, Sunday, Holiday, Full Building||Included|
*Hourly Rates are not available for Thursday or Friday evening.Only silk flowers or silk petals may be dropped or thrown in the Atrium. Silk flowers or petals must be cleaned up by a member of the rental party immediately following the ceremony, regardless of the rental period duration. Rice of any kind, birdseed, natural flowers or petals, bubbles, butterflies, etc. may not be dropped, thrown, blown or released.No Unity Candles are permitted in the Sanborn Activity Center, including the Atrium.
Rental fees include a scheduled one (1) hour rehearsal for your ceremony. Rehearsals may be scheduled Monday-Thursday (excluding Holidays) between 9:00 AM and 3:30 PM. Reservations for rehearsals are booked one month prior to the event date and are based on availability. Other dates and times based on availability.
|BUILDING USE||DAMAGE DEPOSIT|
|Friday Evening, Saturday, Sunday, Holiday, or Full Building Rental||$500|
|Weekday Daytime or Evening, except Full Building||$200|
Damage Deposits are due thirty (30) days prior to your rental period. Damage Deposits, when submitted, are deposited into the city’s general fund and will be returned via city check, usually within six (6) weeks following the event. Deductions may be made for damage, excessive cleaning, or time used beyond the contracted period.
Continuous contracts are available to rental parties that wish to rent Center facilities on a recurring basis. Recurrence of rental must be AT LEAST once monthly (1x month) for a MINIMUM of six (6) consecutive months.Continuous contracts are available Monday-Thursday, 8:00 AM-10:00 PM and Friday 8:00 AM-2:00 PM. Friday Evenings, Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays are not available for continuous contract.Continuous contracts receive a 15% savings over comparable individual rentals.Payment is due a minimum of ten (10) days prior to the rental date. A deposit of $200 is required for continuous contracts. A “no-show” will result in forfeiture of deposit.If the minimum recurrence for a continuous contract is not met for two (2) months in a row, the deposit will be forfeited, the continuous contract cancelled, and any previously occurring rentals under the continuous contract will be retro-billed at single-use rates.
CATERING, FOOD & BEVERAGES
CATERED EVENTS –
All catering services must be provided by one of the following Select Caterers. The Select Caterers have been chosen to provide a wide variety of menus and services and to accommodate diverse tastes, budgets, and occasions. Please contact one of them to help plan your event.No other catering services are permitted.
|Arthur’s Creative Catering||407-331-1993||www.arthurscatering.com|
|John Michael Weddings & Special Events||407-894-6671||www.johnmichaelevents.com|
|Take A Byte Catering||630-450-0151||Deborah@TABCatering.com|
|Puff ‘n Stuff Catering||407-629-7833||www.puffnstuff.com|
|River City Catering||407-324-4343||www.rccatering.com|
|4 Rivers Smokehouse||321-972-1888||www.4rsmokehouse.com|
Kitchen facilities, including refrigerators and microwaves, are available ONLY to Select Caterers.Contact your Select Caterer to determine what services will be provided. Many caterers have or will develop packages to include setup/decoration, service, and cleanup, as well as linens, china, centerpieces, etc. Many caterers are also able to facilitate your needs regarding other vendors in order to obtain floral services, photography, entertainment, transportation, etc.Some allowances for our Select Caterers have been made to allow for setup/decoration or cleanup outside of the rental period. Any time used by the caterer outside of the rental period must be coordinated with Center management. This allowance must respect and not interfere with the rental period of other guests.
(APPLICABLE TO CORPORATE FUNCTIONS ONLY)(MON, TUES, WED 8:00AM-10:00PM / THURS 8:00AM-4:30PM / FRI 8:00 AM-2:00 PM)The rental party may bring in and serve simple or prepared food items Monday-Wednesday 8:00 AM-9:00 PM, Thursday 8:00 AM-9:00 PM, and Friday 8:00 AM-2:00 PM. The following are examples of simple or prepared food items: continental breakfast, boxed lunches, sandwiches, pizza, party trays, etc. No heating elements are permitted (i.e., Sternos®, chafing dishes, hot plates, steam trays, barbeque grills, fondue pots, etc.) The renter is responsible for all setup, serving, and cleanup; all of which must occur during the rental period. The kitchen and all equipment, including refrigerators and microwaves, are off-limits to all but the Select Caterers. Staff must be informed no less than ten (10) days prior to the rental period if you plan to serve any non-catered food.
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE POLICY
All alcoholic beverages must be served via your Select Caterer. Please contact your Select Caterer to learn their policies and procedures regarding alcohol service.
The following is a list of additional equipment included with your rental at the Sanborn Activity Center based on availability. Please submit your Floor Plan to Activity Center Staff no less than ten (10) days prior to your event date. At the Sanborn Activity Center, multiple rooms are typically rented Monday-Friday. Please check availability of the following equipment with Center Staff. Please contact an outside vendor for any other equipment your event requires. (This is the proposed list of equipment. Some items may be subject to change; likewise, some items may be added, deleted, or require a nominal rental fee.)350 Stacking Chairs for Indoor Use Only 6 72” (6’) x 30” Rectangular Tables35 72” (6’) Round Tables (Seats 8 – 10) 8 48” (4’) Round Tables (i.e. cake)18 96” (8’) x 30” Rectangular Tables 10 30” High-top Cocktail Tables2 Podium with/without Microphone 2 Highchairs
A/V EQUIPMENT RENTAL
Use is complimentary to building renters from 8am-5pm Monday-Friday)
|1 Projector Screen/Digital Projector||Ballroom A|
|1 Projector Screen/Digital Projector||Ballroom B|
|1 PA System/Separate Controls/Cord and Wireless Mic||Ballroom A & B|
|1 AV Cart Digital Projector|
|1 PA Lectern Mobile|
|1 Projector Screen||Meeting Room 1|
|Audio Speakers throughout Ballroom and Atrium||Ballroom & Atrium|
*Renter is responsible for all cords and accessories. SAC does not provide laptops, laptop cords, VGA cords, extension cords, etc.
SETUP AND CLEANUP
- Use of the Center’s tables and chairs in included with your rental (see above).
- Center staff will set up tables, chairs, the podium, AV equipment, etc. You must submit a floor plan of your desired setup no less than ten (10) days before your rental period.
- For catered events, the caterer frequently will develop the floor plan and decorate for your event. It is up to the Rental Party to submit a floor plan to the Sanborn Activity Center no less than ten (10) days prior to your event. If a floor plan is not submitted ten (10) days prior to the event date, Activity Center staff will begin setting up tables/chairs upon the Rental Party’s arrival, which could cut into rental time.
- For catered events where the caterer will provide setup/decoration, the caterer may coordinate with the Center manager if time outside of the rental period is needed for setup/decoration. This allowance must respect and not interfere with the rental periods of other guests.
- For non-catered events or events where the caterer will not provide setup/decoration, the rental period must include ALL time needed by the renter and vendors for decoration, setup in excess of table and chair arrangement, and cleanup.
- Decorations are permitted within reason. They must be approved by Center management no less than ten (10) days prior to your event. Glitter and other confetti-like decorations are prohibited.
- Tape, tacks, nails, staples, etc. are not permitted to attach your decorations.
- The rental facility must be returned to the condition it was provided to the renter.
- Tables and chairs must be cleared of all debris.
- All equipment and materials that are not Center property must be removed. The Sanborn Activity Center is not responsible for any materials left behind.
- Waste and all paper products must be placed in the dumpster.
- For catered events where the caterer will provide cleanup, the caterer may coordinate with Center management if time outside of the rental period is needed for cleanup. This allowance must respect and not interfere with the rental periods of other guests.
- For non-catered events or events where the caterer will not provide cleanup, the rental period must include ALL time needed by the renter and vendors for setup/decoration, cleanup and to remove all materials that are not Center property.
- The Sanborn Activity Center takes bookings up to 18 months in advance. When making a reservation for 18 months in advance, booking opens the first business day of the month. DeLand city residents can book from 8:00 am-2:00pm on the first business day of the month. At 2:00 pm, booking opens for non-residents as well.
- Fifty percent (50%) of the Rental Fee together with a signed Facility Use Contract will secure an event date. (Unless the reservation is made within thirty (30) days of the event date; in which case the total Rental Fee, sales tax, and Damage Deposit would be due).
- The Rental Fee balance (with sales tax) along with the Damage Deposit are due thirty (30) days prior to the event.
- If you are tax exempt, please inform staff prior to completing the contract. You will need to provide the proper paperwork, including your Certificate of Sales Tax Exemption. All State of Florida rules regarding this type of sale will be adhered to.
- Damage Deposits, due thirty (30) days prior to the event, are deposited into the city’s general fund. The Damage Deposit will be returned via city check, usually within six (6) weeks following the event. Deductions may be made for damage, excessive cleaning, or time used beyond the contracted period.
- Courtesy holds may be accepted and held for a maximum of seven (7) days, at which time the hold may expire without notice. Courtesy holds may be made in person or by telephone. It is not guaranteed that customers with courtesy holds will be contacted by the Reservations Office prior to the expiration of the hold. Courtesy holds will expire on the seventh (7th) day of the hold. No courtesy holds will be accepted on the first business day of the month when booking 18 months in advance. Courtesy holds for dates that have reopened and/or courtesy holds placed within 30 days of the desired event date can only be held for a maximum of 48 hours.
- Floor plans and a list of requested equipment must be submitted to the Reservations Office no less than ten (10) days prior to the event. If a floor plan is not submitted ten (10) days prior to the event date, Events Center staff will begin setting up tables/chairs upon the Rental Party’s arrival, which could cut into rental time.
- The Sanborn Activity Center reserves the right to cancel the Facility Use Contract if the Rental Fee balance and Damage Deposit are not paid when due, thirty (30) days prior to the event date.
- Please contact the Reservations Office at (386) 626-7301 to make your reservation, reschedule or cancel an event, or for additional facility information. Office hours are Monday – Thursday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM and Friday, 8:30 AM -3:30 PM.
- Reservations may be made in person Monday – Thursday, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM and Fridays 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM. It is recommended that you call to check on the availability of the building for tours.
Reservations are booked when the renter submits a signed Facility Use Contract and fifty-percent (50%) of the Rental Fee. Please read the schedule below to understand the percentage of the initial Rental Fee deposit that will be refunded if the booking is cancelled. All cancellations must be made in writing.
|TIME PERIOD BEFORE EVENT DATE||AMOUNT OF RENTAL FEE REFUNDED|
|18 months-12 months||100% minus $100.00 Administrative Fee|
|12 months-6 months||50% or $100 Administrative Fee, whichever is greater|
|6 months-0 months||0% *If the event is cancelled less than 30 days prior, the full rental payment will not be refunded.|
Date changes are treated as cancellations.