Operate, maintain and develop DeLand Municipal Airport to promote a safe, secure and self supporting facility which serves the needs of the aviation community and is aesthetically pleasing to DeLand citizens with minimal nuisance noise.
DeLand Municipal Airport accommodates general aviation air service 24 hours a day.
The airport is owned and operated by the City of DeLand.
The City of DeLand started the airport in the 1920s with the first asphalt runway built around 1936.
City of DeLand donated the airport to the Navy in 1941 and it was known as the DeLand Naval Air Station. In March of 1946 it was returned to the City of DeLand.
The airport covers 1300 acres.
DeLand Municipal Airport - Sydney H. Taylor Field is located in Volusia County. It is approximately 40 miles North of Orlando and just west of Interstate 4. Daytona Beach is 16 miles to the east. The airport is situated approximately three miles northeast of the DeLand downtown business district. It lies north of U.S. Route 92 and east of U.S. Route 17. The primary access is via Flight Line Boulevard, which intersects U.S. Route 92 less than two miles east of U.S. Route 17.
Corporate and Private Aircraft Hangars
Aircraft Maintenance Facilities
General Aviation Terminal Facilities
Two Runways - 4,000' and 6,000'
Various Landing and Navigational Aids
Taxiways Medium Intensity Runway Light
Instrument Approaches for All-Weather Access
Aircraft Parking Aprons
General Aviation Services
Automated Weather Observation Station (AWOS)
On-Demand Air Charter
VOR, LPV, and RNAV GPS Approaches (5 Total)
Radio Advisory Service for Pilots
Search and Rescue
Ramp Services (Aircraft Fueling, Tie-downs, and Catering)
Amenities & Support Services
18-hole Golf Course at Victoria Hills Golf Club and more